A place for those who feel outcast or forgotten by the steampunk community or in life. Grab a chair, have a drink, and have a jolly good time with jolly good company. There are people in the world who suck and this is an escape.

The underground life isn't for all be we are out there.

My name is Alex ,the owner, and I'll be your bartender

Along with Ara, the other bartender

And Simon, the Demon King Monkey!

Welcome to the world of steampunk, and If you are new we will gladly help you with anything you need. And check us out for whiskey Wednesday's, where whiskey is free.

********IMPORTANT********

There is an underlying story and/or parts there of, that is followed from the Airship Alicia Grey and The Airship Battle Royale. It is not the main focus of the Gear, but It does happen from time to time. The events are scripted at first, but remember your input changes the script. 

This role-play bar, is a light hearted dose of fun. It has its serious moments but the Spirit of the Gear is about comradery, having some drinks, and experiencing everything and anything. The more veteran gear posters will help out the newer Gear Goers with any questions, or ideas.

The gear is designed to help develop your characters if you would like. Feel free to message T.R. Harrison, Arabella Porter, or myself, if you have any questions.

WARNING: HAS BEEN KNOWN TO CAUSE: LAUGHING, GOOD COMPANY, AND ALL AROUND FUN!!!

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rejected-Gear/116007448555003

We have a skype room:

[Currently Under Renovation]

World's End(The underground of the RG)

DISCLAIMER: Chat is unfiltered and uncensored, join at your own risk and if you have an issue with it you do not have to participate. This is a back room off welcome. The rejected gear and all afiliated persons are not accountable for the skype chatroom.

Views: 35050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brielle practically waltzes in the front door, before sweeping off the bar and stepping behind, pouring herself a glass of wine, while aknowledging Wil with a smile.

"Darling, I know all the men smoke indoors..." She stifles a cough. "But is that much really necessary?" She takes a sip of her wine, before taking a seat at the table directly across from him. "How are you?"

He smiles and pats the chair to his left. "You may find it better to sit over here my dear. I have an associate coming soon and I find it is always best to have something available to cover any unpleasant smells that may come with him. I do apologize for the amount of smoke." 

He grins and takes a sip of his scotch and sighs contently. "I see you are feeling well, might I ask the reason?"

She arches an eyebrow, questioning momentarily why Wilhelm would be associating with such a person, but then deciding not to verbally question it as she probably didn't actually want to know the answer.

She stands up and slips into the offered seat, taking another sip of wine, and gives a little smile. "Just Felix has been around more...I have less to worry about. Plus Christmas will be here before you know it! I have so much shopping to do..." She leans back in her chair, closing her eyes for a brief moment with a little sigh. "How have you been?"

He chuckles as she talks about Felix and christmas' approach. "I sometimes forget the importance of such things in a young person's life my dear. Those are good reasons to be happy indeed!"

He takes another sip before hearing a tell-tale thump outside the door. A second later the door of the Gear opens and seems to be filled with a shadow. A man stoops and turns slightly to the side and eases through the door before standing upright again. Towering over six and a half feet tall with a physique that seems to have been molded from a barrel the raven haired man looks around for a second before locking eyes on Wilhelm.

In stark contrast to Wil's carefully selected and immaculate wardrobe the stranger's clothing is of rough cloth and stained. His boots are well worn and look as if the touch a bootshine would be anathema to them. The shirt, while cleaner than his trousers still seems as if made from an old sail with only half sleeves. His hair flows down his back in thick waves that look to have been greased in some fashion to keep in place. His face shows years of hard labor in the elements and more than a few scars. The scars on his arms seem to have been more accented than covered by the tattoos covering them and extending to his hands.

The most striking feature though is his beard. Covering his cheeks, and jaw it hangs down to his stomach and has been carefully waxed into two curved point, taking the appearance of spikes.

He walks slowly over towards the table and gives the slightest bow to Brielle before extending a hand to Wilhelm. His voice a deep bass rumble like boulders grinding together. "Master Heizeltroff, I do hope we can finish our business here. I have other appointments."

Her jaw momentarily hangs slightly open as she notices the immense size of the stranger. Quickly regaining her composure, she nods in return to his bow before shooting Wil a questioning look.

"If you have business to conduct, I can occupy myself elsewhere..." She trails off, beginning to stand up, eyes shooting from Wilhelm to the stranger and back again. She doesn't particularly want to leave the situation without a watch ,but also knows that Wilhelm is perfectly capable of handling himself and any complication that may arise.

Wil laughs and shakes his head. "I'm not concerned with you staying. It's not as if my business ventures, or their legality, is any secret here! But I do feel should I make proper introductions." He shoots a nearly disgusted look at the stranger. 

"Lady Brielle, might I present to you one Kolgrim Spikebeard. Pirate. Mercenary. And the lord only knows what other jobs he takes as I'm sure I don't want to. Kolgrim, this is Lady Brielle, the manager of this fine bar in the absence of it's owner who happens to be her lover."

Kolgrim gives another light bow of his head, the forest of whiskers on his face moving in a way that makes a person think of a smile. "A pleasure to meet you. Pleasantries are not the specialty of those in my line I'm afraid. You may call Grim if you prefer though. And if Master Heizeltroff is fine with your presence it makes no difference to me if you are present. I know the reputation of this establishment as being something of a safe haven for those of" he chuckles, which sounds like boards snapping "the less than legal professions so long as they behave."

Looking around the man sees a thick legged bench with a seat nearly three inches thick. He lifts it one handed and sets it down near the table and settles on to it. "So what job is it you need of me this time Wil? It must be special for you to ask to see me in person."

A blush rises to her cheeks at Wil's words, and she regains her seat next to him and nods her head. "Pleased to meet you, Grim." She smirks a little bit. "Grim, pleased to meet you. I'm sure then, that Wilhelm here has spoken to you of our various patrons and their professions..." She lets out a nervous giggle, takes a slightly larger sip of wine and settles in quietly.

Grim gives a bark of laughter and nods. "Oh I know of the patrons here indeed. You don't survive as a wind hopper by not knowing such places and definitely not without hearing about the Ghosts and their ilk."

Wil shakes his head at the man and taps his fingers. "To business than. I am in need of your talents on, what is indeed a special case, Grim. One of my largest competitors out of the far east has recently started producing several formulas that are disturbingly similar to some of my best selling products. I would like their manufacturing establishment to suffer an accident if possible that will shut it down. If the formulas being produced can be lost in the ensuing turmoil it would be most advantageous as well."

Her eyes go wide, quickly calculating exactly how many deaths this would cause. She flicks open her fan, takes a deep breath, and continues listening to the conversation. When the silence of a pause hits, she pipes up, 

"And how did they figure out the formulas? Its taken you years, Wil..."

Wil laughs and takes a sip of his scotch. "By the same way anyone else would my dear, they got their hands on mine and reverse engineered it." 

Grim's eyes are closed for a moment while thinking before looking up. "Far east and taking out a factory that is going to be patrolled by soldiers using alchemically enhanced weapons if not enhanced themselves. You are talking about spending 50 minimum. Eight months travel time since I have to hop ships to get there. I could buy my own ship but that's another 30 to get one that can survive the trip and that's not counting getting a crew. This is one of the most expensive jobs you've lined up. Is it worth it?"

She giggles softly to herself, for once knowing the answer to the question.

"I think you will find that dear Wilhelm here will pay nearly any price to have this taken care of.."

Grim's eyes widen for a moment before he winks at Wil. "Well if that is the case maybe I could use a good ship of my own. I've been hopping for quite some time." 

Wil laughs as well and shakes his head. "I'm not buying you a brand new warship Grim. I can't be sure you wouldn't use it against me! I may have an option though that would lower your costs. I have a small, four man craft that I've been having built. It's fairly swift, can go air or water if need be. It's also equipped to handle some of the rigors of your particular trade."

RSS

© 2024   Created by Alexander Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Listen to this station