A place for those who feel outcast or forgotten by the steampunk community or in life. Grab a chair, have a drink, and have a jolly good time with jolly good company. There are people in the world who suck and this is an escape.

The underground life isn't for all be we are out there.

My name is Alex ,the owner, and I'll be your bartender

Along with Ara, the other bartender

And Simon, the Demon King Monkey!

Welcome to the world of steampunk, and If you are new we will gladly help you with anything you need. And check us out for whiskey Wednesday's, where whiskey is free.

********IMPORTANT********

There is an underlying story and/or parts there of, that is followed from the Airship Alicia Grey and The Airship Battle Royale. It is not the main focus of the Gear, but It does happen from time to time. The events are scripted at first, but remember your input changes the script. 

This role-play bar, is a light hearted dose of fun. It has its serious moments but the Spirit of the Gear is about comradery, having some drinks, and experiencing everything and anything. The more veteran gear posters will help out the newer Gear Goers with any questions, or ideas.

The gear is designed to help develop your characters if you would like. Feel free to message T.R. Harrison, Arabella Porter, or myself, if you have any questions.

WARNING: HAS BEEN KNOWN TO CAUSE: LAUGHING, GOOD COMPANY, AND ALL AROUND FUN!!!

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rejected-Gear/116007448555003

We have a skype room:

[Currently Under Renovation]

World's End(The underground of the RG)

DISCLAIMER: Chat is unfiltered and uncensored, join at your own risk and if you have an issue with it you do not have to participate. This is a back room off welcome. The rejected gear and all afiliated persons are not accountable for the skype chatroom.

Views: 35050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ara floats in followed by Xiaxia, Ming and Dominique. Her red beanie covers the top of her head and from it, extends the eyepatch that covers her eye. 

"If you guys want to leave you may. China is probably full of merchants this season. I can find a crew on my own." 

"My lady Captain, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving without assisting you in finding a ship and crew." Ming said. He went to step behind the bar but Ara caught him by the shoulder and slipped past him. 

"What is with this hypocritical system? I'm the damn bartender here, Ming." She said in an almost spooked tone as he stood confused. Xiaxia rolled her eyes as the pirate lord pulled down a few dusty bottles. 

"We're not leaving. I made a promise. And It's not the system you fool. Everyone treats authority how they like. That's why Meiling sucked. The b**ch was strict on how we addressed her. I don't know why she was so popular."  

"I don't know why she chose her most disloyal crew member for her first mate. It's no wonder she had terrible judgment." Ara poured the Captain of the Bloody Lotus a drink and slid it her way. "Then again, choosing a wind hopper for a first mate is pretty tricky in general." She adjusted her red cap on her head, pulling it down and then pouring herself a glass of rum before looking to Ming who still stood at the end of the bar. "Ming, sit, dammit."  Ming did as he was told and Dominique chuckled into her beer. 

"We're digressing." She reminded everyone. "Where will we find our crew?" 

"Arabella!" The familiar voice of Thomas Dunning rang from outside and the small group immediately stood and shuffled out the back door through the kitchen. 

*Silver comes in brushing the snow off her coat, steam rising off her where the cold Ice was melting off her metal plates.* Sure is quiet..*she moved to the fireplace taking a knee and reaching in-between the scorched logs the fire erupting around her hand before she stood.* Much better.*she sat over by the bar in the large arm chair that Graff usually occupied* I wonder where everyone is. I do hope they are safe in all this snow...

Arabella Porter walked through and stepped behind the counter, the wooden floor boards knocking under her heavy leather boots. She stood motionless for a moment upon reaching the spot she remembered why she needed to be in but couldn't remember...gosh, it had been so long. a trip to hell, back, and around the world once or twice Ara chuckled to herself behind a pressing smile.  She slipped her converted 100 pounds into a drawer, cocked her head pensively, took it back and began bending and squatting in place, searching for the safe under the bar, not the big one, the tiny one. Upon finding it she slid the notes into a slot on the side. the tapping of a paw reached her ear from the window and Ara quickly shuffled back to the door. sunbeams illuminated the strangely well kept wooden floor as she opened the door and she paused to wonder why there was no dust. She took one final look around, even realizing for a moment that she hadn't even left a note. She pulled a Chinese coin from her pocket and flipped it aimlessly into the room before leaving, a 2.8 ft Koala with a mechanical eye jumping to her shoulder. 

*Val wakes up and comes in from the library, the magic alarm he placed on the door having been tripped.  He arrives just in time to see Arabella leaving.  He sighs, then picks up a broom and begins sweeping*

The instant the door closed behind Arabella the knob started turning and stopped, with the door itself seemingly marred by indecision between opening and closing. Suddenly the door burst open and Professor Sterling burst in - his lab coat caked in dried blood and his expression that of someone that's been stargazing with the naked eye for one too many lunar cycles. He stood absent-mindedly for a few seconds. He then adjusts his bow tie and bows deeply to no-one particular. "Hello chaps, could I bother you for a spot of tea and any cadavers you might have lying around," Sterling said affably rising and adjusting the glowing sword slung over his shoulder.

*The door at the top of the steps in the corner of the room and a short quick-stepping pirate emerged, her respirator gushing steam as she slipped smoothly down the stairs*
I do apologize sir, as the only decent place to get tea is my tea house down the road. And as to the cadaver situation..

*she trailed off a hiss of steam escaping her mask I can assist if you are in desperate need..

"Spiffing," Sterling said not catching the threat, "I'll wait while you get the the corpses ready for cremation." The flighty Professor parked himself in a nearby booth and checked his pocket watch. Sensing tension and feeling the need to say something he added: "Since you don't have any tea I'll just have the rum with hot water instead. Like hot grog innit what?" he trailed off into a maniacal cackle, and produced a deck of tarot cards in a fiery flash and started shuffling them with childish glee, seemingly oblivious to the confused and irritated looks in the room.

*she laughed heartily steam billowing from the front of her respirator and she slid behind the bar* I don't think Alex is in right now, but I'll make you a drink my fine friend. * she pulled out cups and set to work making this new professor his drink* tell me traveler. Do you have a name? *she shifted glowing green eyes up to you*

"Rather good lady, I am Professor Wilbur Sterling formerly esteemed member of the royal society of engineers," he shot a melancholy look at his glass "they thought me mad... So I jolly well showed them. I endeavored to start what became one of the biggest rail companies in the land and then solved the shortcomings of coal power and the municipal waste problem with my line of carbon incinerator engines!" Sterling threw his head back and laughed. "As a result I now offer the only cremation services sponsored by the Royal Transportation Bureau. Actually its a test run of the engine that brought me here, the experimental locomotive ran out of fuel you see." he drained the scalding hot grog in one swig seemingly unaffected by the boiling water. Sterling remained peculiarly silent for a minute seemingly getting his whereabouts for the first time. He turned to his tarot card spread which vaguely resembled a non-euclidean concave pentagram, and turned over one of the corners with a gasp. "I say, it just occurred to me I'm not in Staffordshire. Is there a local railway map in the facility I could consult briefly?"

She shrugged and pulled out a map from under the bar "i can't read those maps but here's one." She said gears clicking softly from under her mask. "The names Captain Silver Nightingale. I've met one other Sterling in my life, probably no relation, but she was a downright loon. Loved her to pieces." She laughed surprisingly well spoken for a pirate.

(Goodness. The photo of Lady Ara reminds me of an Irish angel in the snow. Quite disarming)
*Val walks out of the library and behind his daily cleaning, sweeping the floor while absentmindedly whistling*

RSS

© 2024   Created by Alexander Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Listen to this station